Our campus needs your help to attain federal grant funds!
San Jose State University wants to become eligible to apply for up to 15 million dollars in grant money from the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) and the National Science Foundation (NSF) to fund student services, programs, and resources.
In order to be able to attain these federal grant funds, we need students to declare your race and ethnicity in your MYSJSU account by doing the following steps:
1. Login to your MySJSU account (go to the following link): http://my.sjsu.edu
2. Scroll down to "Personal Information" and click on the "Race and Ethnicity" link in the "Race and Ethnicity" box.
3. Go to Question 1a and answer "Yes" or "No" to the question: "With regards to your ethnicity, do you consider yourself Hispanic or Latino?"
4. If you answered "Yes", go to Question 1b and select one category that best describes your Hispanic or Latino background.
5. If applicable, go to Question 2 and select one or more ethnic groups in which you consider yourself to be a member.
This request for you to declare your race and ethnicity is completely voluntary, but if you declare your race and ethnicity per the instructions above, that will help our objective to attain much needed funding to SJSU for services and resources for YOU and all students!
If faculty, staff, or students feels strongly about SJSU and its future, then please discuss this important advocacy option in class or forward this message widely. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.